In order to cater for diverse needs and increase the public awareness of eye diseases, Yan Chai Hospital Board and Eye Care Charitable Foundation launch an “Eye Care Charitable Foundation antiVEGF Charity Program” to provide qualified patients with free anti-VEGF therapies.
The free AntiVEGF Therapy includes,
1. Consultation by an eye specialist from the Foundation.
2. Pre-treatment OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography).
3. Usually three free anti-VEGF therapies for a maximum of 6 months treatment period.
4. FFA (Fundus Fluoroscein Angiography) (Upon eye specialist discretion).
1. He is a Hong Kong Permanent resident
2. He has been assessed and recommended by an Ophthalmology specialist from ‘Yan Chai Hospital Board Ophthalmology Clinic as suitable for the free AntiVEGF Therapy and his case is a sight threatening case.
3. He is a non-CSSA (Comprehensive Social Security Assistance) recipient.
4. He is not a participant of Hospital Authority’s Macular Degeneration subsidy programme
5. He is of low income according to the criteria set by the Yan Chai Hospital Board.
1. Applicant should seek recommendation from an Ophthalmology specialist from ‘Yan Chai Hospital Board Ophthalmology Clinic
2. After confirmation and approval by Yan Chai Hospital Board, a confirmation letter will be issued to approved applicants
3. Approved applicants will be arranged, by Yan Chai Hospital Board, for a consultation with St.Teresa’s Hospital Eye and Refractive Surgery Centre. (Address: 4/F, East Wing, St. Teresa’s Hospital, 328 Prince Edward Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong) He will then receive three free anti-VEGF therapies within a maximum of 6 months treatment period.
4. After treatment completed, the doctor-in-charge for the third therapy will send related medical reports to Yan Chai Hospital Board Ophthalmology Clinic for filing and follow-up.
Applicants should complete the application form, with signature of an Ophthalmology specialist under the Eye Care Charitable Foundation, and submit to Development Department of Yan Chai Hospital Board. (Address: 10/F, Block C, Yan Chai Hospital, 7-11 Yan Chai Street, Tsuen Wan)